April 12, 2012

How I Became a Dystonia Patient

I had my Botox injections on Wednesday.. and it's now Thursday.. just one day later. When I woke up this morning, I turned to my left to see what time it was.
OMG!! I TURNED TO MY LEFT TO SEE WHAT TIME IT WAS!!!
It wasn't a big turn, but it was a turn.. about 10 degrees!! OMG!!! I started crying, I was so happy!!!

I screamed to Mark, "Honey look!!" as I turned my head back and forth a tiny little bit each way. OMG, I can move. Not a lot, but I can move!!! I've been essentially paralyzed for 10 weeks, so I am sooooooo happy, sooooooo excited!!
And then it hit me. OMG!! I started crying even harder. OMG!! I am so sad.. and so scared... and so happy.. and so excited.. and so sad.. and
OMG!! I have a PERMANENT NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER!! I HAVE DYSTONIA!
Yes, I do. I have Dystonia.
My new life started February 6th, 2012, my changed life...a life of pain, of disfigurement and disability... a life of Botox and pain meds.. a life hoping for a permanent cure someday.. and on this day..
I became a Dystonia Patient.
And this blog is about...  My Life With Dystonia

No comments:

Post a Comment